Friday, February 22, 2013

Project Nook {Part 1}

I've been slowly chipping away at the bedroom rehaul.Originally we had planned on dividing half the room, turning it into a nursery. Since we won't be doing that any longer, I wasn't sure what to do with the rest of the room. We had already gotten the dividing track, and I really liked the idea of turning a too big space into two smaller, well used spaces. After a few talks with Jordan, we decided to turn it into a library/seating room.


Keeping it real here, this space is in the extremely rough beginning stages. I've ordered the dividing curtains and they should be here next week. The ones I have up right now are very temporary.



The plan is to have this entire wall be covered in bookcases. I have one left to put together.


I pretty much have all the items needed to complete the space. Just waiting for a few small things to happen and then I can really put it all together. I sat down in the rocker this morning and finished the book I was reading on my Kindle. It was the greatest thing ever. So relaxing and peaceful.



Here is a list of things left to do on this side of the curtain.

Build last bookcase
Hang small curtain rod for window
Pick out panel for window (possibly Navy/Gold)
Hang DIY painting (more on that later)
Add shelves
Find books to fill bookcases - A LOT-
Rug for space
new end table
art for above cases
new lamp

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a great idea! I love 2 rooms in one! It will be a room that can easily be transformed into any other room. You truly inspire me.....

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! They make my day :)

Hello All! I'm Faith- and welcome to Pike's Place. Here you will find an assortment of DIY, house related posts, a little bit of fashion, and family. Take your time and have a look around!

Follow Me

Visits

Pike's Place Blog

Pike's Place Blog
Suburbsmama
The DIY'ers />

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Pikes Place