Monday, July 15, 2013

Townhouse Foyer

I have been making steady progress here in the new house. It's slow going, very slow going, but steady. First thing I really tackled was the foyer. It's not big, or very well laid out. The only things we really have left to unpack is the decor items. So, I decided to take on the first space you see when you walk in the door. Bear with me, this area is like a cave.


Here is the after.








I was really excited to put up the "HELLO". I loved how you could see it when you walked in the front door at the old house. I would like to put up the gallery wall next to the hello, going up the stairs. I would also like to add a rug and fill in some of the white space with a few more frames. I have a dresser next to the door right now that has all of my office supplies. I don't really like it there, so I would like to change that out for something different. Not sure yet. I might like it more if I would actually paint it. Or even finish priming it. I would also like to stain the small dresser. Not sure what color for that either... I'm just really glad to at least have one space that feels like us!



Linked ::

27 comments:

  1. What a fun entry way! Love the HELLO!!! Thanks so much for coming out to The Inspiration Exchange. Pinned and shared this on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow! Thanks so much! Glad you liked it :)

      Delete
  2. It's adorable, love that Hello sign! You are lucky to even have a foyer, my front door opens right up into my living room and I hate that!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) And I agree! Our old apartment opened right into the living room and dining room. totally hated it! This still opens up into the living room, but it has this nice little space :)

      Delete
  3. Ahhh! LOVE the giant "HELLO". Totally doing that in our new house. Thanks for the inspiration... coming from Life Inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your HELLO sign! Very welcoming. The lamp gives nice warm light, too. Well done-- there is always so much to do when you first move in:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I really like the lamp. I plan on replacing the boob lamp too :)

      Delete
  5. That is one of the most dramatic transformations I've ever seen!
    kathryntallandstrong.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love this! So warming and welcoming.... the Hello is divine! Thanks for linking up to the Life Inspired link party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The hello is one of my favorite things.

      Delete
  7. LOVE the transformation! And the Hello is so appropriate right there in the entryway! How welcoming.

    ReplyDelete
  8. how fun! I love the eclectic look to this, and that fun hello sign. maybe to the left of the door you could use a half moon table, or just something less heavy. only thing, you wouldn't get all that storage, tho.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I totally agree on something less heavy there. We have a pretty decent sized closet that I think I can fit the bigger dresser in to. I just have to organize it :/

      Delete
  9. LOVE the "hello" and how welcoming your front foyer area is. I'll be featuring your foyer tomorrow on the Life Inspired party! Thanks again for linking up and partying with us last week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice - looks great! Love the "hello". Thanks for linking up at Romance on a dime!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How welcoming! Can I come over? Love the HELLO!

    ReplyDelete
  12. where did you get the Hello?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made it. You can check out this post for more info on it:: http://pikesplaceblog.blogspot.com/2013/04/hello.html

      Delete
  13. Thanks so much for linking up to Your Whims Wednesday, I featured this on my blog tonight! Come stop by and grab a featured button :) http://www.mygirlishwhims.com/2013/07/your-whims-wednesday-122-and-features.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love, love, LOVE this! It looks so amazing! I am totally dying over the Hello. Might have to steal that idea. ;)

    Jenn

    p.s. New follower from My Girlish Whims. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally should! It's such a fun addition! Thanks for the follow

      Delete

I love comments! They make my day :)

Hello All! I'm Faith- and welcome to Pike's Place. Here you will find an assortment of DIY, house related posts, a little bit of fashion, and family. Take your time and have a look around!

Follow Me

Visits

Pike's Place Blog

Pike's Place Blog
Suburbsmama
The DIY'ers />

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Pikes Place