Friday, May 16, 2014

Finley Jane : First Month

It's so hard to believe our little stinker is already five weeks old. It doesn't seem like that much time has gone by. We've finally gotten a semi-routine going. It really is amazing how she just fits right in with what we already had going on. She's actually sitting on my lap as I type this :)


Week One


Part of the first week was spent in the hospital, obviously. I ended up having to have a c-section (birth story to come soon) so I was required to stay a minimum of 48 hours. Luckily I was released very early. My dad drove up and spent about 5 days with us. It was really nice. He stayed at our house while we were in the hospital and helped take care of Story. The first few days at home were rough. I was mostly confined to the upstairs and couldn't do a whole lot. Even though I did more than I should have. By day 3 at home I was going crazy. Jordan and dad had been working on fixing up the yard, which looks amazing!, so the kitchen was a bit of a mess. My hormones were all sorts of messed up, so I just couldn't handle it. I had to sweep and mop, and then make dinner and do the dishes. Really, just anything to make me feel normal. 

Week Two


At the end of the first week, Finley had her first doctor's appointment. When she was born she weighed 6 pounds 14 ounces. When we left the hospital she was down to 6.7. At the appointment she was back up to 6.14, which was awesome! As a nursing mom, I was worried I wasn't producing enough for her. It's a great reassurance when they're weight stays up. Anyway, at this point Finley would only cry when she was hungry. She was hungry a lot, but at least she didn't cry just to cry. We also celebrated her first holiday, Easter! The girls wore matching dresses and Finley got to meet the Grandmas for the first time. 


Jordan's mom came a couple of days later, so it was nice to have a few days just the four of us. She was such a big help! It was really great having someone to talk to.

Week Three


The third week was a bit of a difficult one. I was cleared to go back to work at the start of the week. Jordan spent the evenings alone with all the the children. It was hard on him at first but he's finally gotten the hang of it. Finley is really gassy so she wanted to be held a lot. 

Week Four


What a fun week! Finley was really on the move! This baby wants to be up and active. She has really good head and neck support so she's constantly lifting her head and looking around. She was still not sleeping through the night, but she had a few long stretches. 


We had her first month appointment . Baby is growing like a weed! She's already 8 pounds 1 ounce and is 21 inches long! She grew 3 inches this month!

She loves to lay on her stomach
Wants to be bounced and rocked at the same time
Wants to be a part of everything
Loves to have her head up and looking around
Has the noisiest farts and poops
Burps like a sailor
Spits up a lot
Constantly makes noise

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! They make my day :)

Hello All! I'm Faith- and welcome to Pike's Place. Here you will find an assortment of DIY, house related posts, a little bit of fashion, and family. Take your time and have a look around!

Follow Me

Visits

Pike's Place Blog

Pike's Place Blog
Suburbsmama
The DIY'ers />

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Pikes Place