Friday, June 20, 2014

Finley Jane : Second Month


Week Five





Week Six




Week Seven





Week Eight








Weight/Length
Finley now weighs 10 pounds 13 ounces and is 23 inches long! Story was 11 pounds 10 ounces and was 22 inches long. It's fun to see how close the babies are in weight and length.

Sleep
For the most part, she's up every two hours to nurse. She's really sweet though and goes back to sleep right after. We've been putting her to bed around 11:30 and she's up for about an hour around 9:00 the next morning. I know it's super late, but most nights I'm not off work until after 10, sometimes 11. She takes lots of naps throughout the day. Sometimes for a few hours at a time and others for a few minutes here and there. She hates being in her carseat but always falls asleep in the car.

Eating
Nursing has been going great! We have no latching issues, which is a relief. She eats every two hours or so. Sometimes more often. She's been doing one side each time for about 20 minutes. I went back to work when she was two weeks old so she does take a bottle. I'm lucky enough to get to pump so she doesn't have to have formula at all. We use Medela products and got a few Calma nipples. Turns out she doesn't really like those and prefers a regular low flow nipple.

Diapers
This month we went from newborns to size 1. We've been using Pampers Swaddlers. They are by far my favorite for her. We tried a pack of Pampers Sensitives and they didn't work as well. Right now we're going through a pack of Huggies and they are terrible! They aren't nearly as big as the Pampers even though they are 1's. They also are not tight enough in the legs and don't go up high enough in the back. Since we've been using them we've had more leaky diapers. I can't wait for them to run out. We also have an emergency pack of Meijer brand. They aren't that bad, but are not soft at all.

Clothing
She is still mostly in Newborn clothing. There are a few 0-3 that fit. Carter's fit the best. Circo brand is still pretty big, so I have a feeling the Newborns will fit for a while longer. Her feet are so tiny, newborn shoes still don't fit. Luckily it's summer and she doesn't really need shoes.

Mood
Finley is going through a "mom only" phase. She hates it when anyone other than me holds her. Poor Jordan, it's been making the evenings I'm at work really difficult for him. And for her. And for everyone else in the house. Other than that she's pretty happy. She has started smiling and silently laughing. She's also found her voice and likes to coo and make baby sounds. She's really gassy so that makes her uncomfortable.

LOVES
rolling from side to side
smiling and cooing
bat at her toys
be shaken (seriously. not like shaken, but rocking doesn't cut it)
bath time
facing forward. She wants to be in the middle of everything

DOESN'T LOVE
being held by anyone but me
getting put in her carseat
hiccups
being gassy
being on her stomach

What I Want To Remember
her first little smiles - 5 weeks
finally making noises and having converstations
playing with her toys
learning to roll from side to side
being carried like a baby

Mother Update
  • I'm feeling really good! Sometimes I forget I had a C-Section. My incision has healed completely. It's a really small scar and doesn't bother me at all. I stopped taking any pain medication after the first week and I don't regret it at all.
  • I went back to work after two weeks. I feel like I'm able to do just about anything. My energy level is fairly solid so I don't get too tired during my shift
  • I'm about 7 pounds away from my pre-pregnancy weight. I'm able to wear almost everything I could before. My middle is still pretty soft but it doesn't look it.
Sister Story Update
  • Story and Finley really like each other! Finley likes to watch Story and always smiles when Story talks to her.
  • We haven't encountered too much jealousy, yet. Story understands that Finley needs extra attention because she's just a baby. 
  • Story graduated Kindergarten and is officially on Summer Break!
 








No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! They make my day :)

Hello All! I'm Faith- and welcome to Pike's Place. Here you will find an assortment of DIY, house related posts, a little bit of fashion, and family. Take your time and have a look around!

Follow Me

Visits

Pike's Place Blog

Pike's Place Blog
Suburbsmama
The DIY'ers />

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Pikes Place