1. I'm still not okay. I'm not over the election results and I don't think I ever will be. I'm not really sure how I'm feelings, and I don't think I could properly put it into words. There's a lot about politics that I'm extremely ignorant on. I don't claim to know all the facts. But I'm going with my gut on this. I feel hurt and betrayed. I think less of people I once respected. And it's not Democrat v. Republican betrayal, Hillary wasn't my top pick. Like the photo above states, it's human decency. I'm scared for the future. I'm scared for my kids, for my friends. I'm embarrassed on a National level.
2. Still reading Gone Girl. I still really enjoy it!! I'm a little over half way into it and it's really starting to pick up! I'm not going to give any spoilers on the chance you still haven't read it. I've very excited to see how it ends. I wish I had more time to read. I get a few minutes a day in so it's taking FOREVER to get through.
3. Girl Scout cookie season is here for Central Indiana! We kicked off the season with a Cookie Palooza rally! The event made the local paper and was even mentioned in a newsletter through GSUSA! A few of my Daisies are in the photo. #proudleader
4. I'm wrapping up my first 10x10 challenge. It was a lot of fun and definitely took creative stamina to keep it up. I hope to have a complete post on it next week.
5. Today is election day. I had a huge spiel I wanted to write out. I wanted to vent my frustrations. I had this whole conversation in my head, about what I'd say to a family member who is a Tr*mp supporter. But you know what? It wouldn't change a thing. Because you can't change willful ignorance. I can scream until I'm blue in the face. I can list the dozens of reasons how they've royally fucked me, and my kids, over. But it won't matter. I'm done trying to convince anyone. I can't wait until I get to say, "I told you so".
6. Tomorrow is the Women's March. I urge you to attend.
7. I've seen a lot of people pick a word for their year. My word is ACTION. I will fight with every part of my being. I will fight injustice, bigotry, racism, homophobia, sexism. I will not sit idly by. I'm not going to do it with just words. It's going to take more than words. It has to. I will not let some orange faced baboon and a slew on 1% dictate how my life should be led.