Sunday, April 1, 2012

100th Post! And A Major Announcement!

100th Post!

I can't believe this is actually my 100th post. It seems like just a few months ago that I started blogging. Mainly about our little rental house, and a bit about our little family. Then I started to branch out with the fashion posts and WIW. It's been a blast so far. I have "met" several wonderful ladies and have learned so many new things, about blogging and decor. This blog has been a great outlet for me. A place where I can be more creative, take risks, and voice my opinions. I started the blog a little over a year after we had actually moved in to our rental. It would have been so nice to have been able to do it from the start. But I'm glad I started when I did (or at all). I had stalked a few other blogs, mainly Sarah from Thrifty Decor Chick . She was the main reason I decided to start the blog. I love her witty humor and down to earth projects. She gave me the confidence I needed. I had a very slow start. I didn't know about link parties, networking, or blogging more than once a week :). Gradually I learned, and gradually you all started to take notice. Now, I'm not even close to being a big blog, but I am so grateful for all the support I've been given.  My kitchen layout post has had over a 1,000 views. My all time biggest post. I love this little blog, and I really look forward to taking it to the next level. 
Which brings me to the major announcement ::

We are moving!!!!!!!!!!! I know I said it before, but this time it's for real. Not only are we moving, we are moving out of state! We are going back to Indiana! Indianapolis to be exact. We are almost completely packed up and ready. We hope to be in the new place by the end of April. 

We will be moving into a 3 bedroom apartment. We are in a 2 bedroom duplex now. With the added bedroom we are also getting a balcony extra bathroom and dining room. We couldn't be happier. I have so many new ideas for the apartment. You can check out my Pinterest 
 
to see some of the ideas I am hoping to incorporate. 

The move is bittersweet for us. We are so excited to move forward with our lives and careers. But we are both really sad about leaving the life, family, and jobs we have here behind. I think this is common in most movers. It's always sad to let the past go. But we are powering through it and trying to focus on the positives of it all.  

And because no post is complete without a couple of pictures, here is what our house looks like mid move ::







I have also updated the house tour tab. The rooms now say finished instead of in progress. It was a little sad to update it to that. I had a lot of plans for this little house. :) But I have a lot more for the new one.

Blogging might be a little slow around here for a bit. I still plan on doing WIW and Our Week In Photos. Stick with me though, I have a lot in store!!









No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! They make my day :)

Hello All! I'm Faith- and welcome to Pike's Place. Here you will find an assortment of DIY, house related posts, a little bit of fashion, and family. Take your time and have a look around!

Follow Me

Visits

Pike's Place Blog

Pike's Place Blog
Suburbsmama
The DIY'ers />

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Pikes Place