Friday, November 2, 2012

On Turning 24

Wednesday was my 24th birthday. It feels strange being 24. 23 was okay, was still considered early twenties. But 24, twenty four, that's mid-twenties. That's closer to 30. I've always been "old" for my age, but Wednesday morning, I really felt old. I don't think it has to do with the number. Because, come on let's be honest here, 24 is not old. It gave me pause and caused me to look back on these past 24 years. I feel like I've lived so many different lives already. I don't feel like the same person I was ten years ago (which is a great thing, because I was 14 and a freshman in high school) I don't feel like the same person I was even five years ago. Because five years ago I was just a scared kid finding out she was going to be a mom. But, I wouldn't have any of it any other way.

 I like who I am, freshly formed wrinkles and the occasional gray hair. Mother to a beautiful four year old, wife of two years to the best man in the world. I may not have the career I dreamed out as a child, but I'm able to support us. We're okay. It's the greatest feeling.


Okay, now that all of that is out of the way.... Because my birthday is on Halloween it was pushed back a day. Halloween was all about the babe. We went to the local mall. Because, lets face it, Indiana is cold! She had a great time and got a lot of candy. Afterwards we went out to eat. Thursday, Jordan and I both had the day off. Story and Jordan got up extra early to set up a birthday party for me.



It was the sweetest thing ever. Story decorated it. Well, she told Jordan where to put all of the decorations. My favorite is that she put streamers up to cover my door. 


We had done the same thing for her birthday. It was the sweetest thing ever. She decorated my chair and had all my present laid out.



She wrote me the sweetest card ever!! She's learning to write. We will write something down for her and then she will copy it in her own sweet little handwriting. 



She also drew me a picture entitled "A different Kind Of Shoe You Don't Know Yet". She later changed it to "shield" but wonderful none the less.



Halloween cards



The sweetest card from my dad. It made me cry a bit :) He's the best.



 
More presents :)



Story got this awesome paper pad from Nina. It's paper that has printed frames around it. It's perfect for her drawings! Thanks Nina :)

It was the best birthday party ever!! :) Later on we went shopping and then a family dinner with Jordan's parents and Grandma. We went to Jockamo Pizza. It was amazing! They had the best gluten free cookies! They were made by a prep cook there!

tank, pants- H&M. blazer- Wet Seal. flats- Target.
on Story :: dress- Target. flats- Payless. tights, vest, purse- Gifts.


I attempted the Twisted Updo by Kate from the Small Things Blog. If you ever want a great hair tutorial I would highly recommend visiting her sight. My hair is a lot a bit longer than hers so it's not as neat. Actually, it's not a neat because she is a pro and I have no idea what I'm doing :)


I had a great birthday! I want to thank my family for making it the best day ever. You are all amazing and I'm so thankful to have you in my life. Oh, and thanks for raising the best boy ever and letting me marry him ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! They make my day :)

Hello All! I'm Faith- and welcome to Pike's Place. Here you will find an assortment of DIY, house related posts, a little bit of fashion, and family. Take your time and have a look around!

Follow Me

Visits

Pike's Place Blog

Pike's Place Blog
Suburbsmama
The DIY'ers />

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Pikes Place