The first thing we did was paint stripes on her main wall. I've wanted stripes in her room since we moved in. I'm glad I waited. I had originally planned on painting blue stripes, because blue is her favorite color. Then came the rainbow fascination. She wanted an entire rainbow room, and while I'm a fan of color, I just couldn't do that. We compromised on painting one wall.
I'm terrible at math. I mean, like really bad. So mapping out the stripes was completely out of my limits. Luckily for me, my husband is a genius and could do it no problem. We decided on 7 colors in 6 inch stripes.
He also taped the whole thing out for me. (have I mentioned how amazing her is?!?) ;) All I had to do was paint. I didn't think it would be that difficult. I had my small brush and the sample paint cans.
And it wasn't really that big of a deal. Quite time consuming but not back breaking work. I started with pink on top. Now, I know pink isn't in the rainbow but Story wanted pink. The pink went on great, no trouble at all. I washed out my brush and dried it well. Then I started on the purple. And it was horrible. Real watery (guess I didn't dry out the brush as well as I thought) and it was going to take two coats. At this point I was freaking out. I don't know about you but I've had really bad experiences with painters tape in the past. I was afraid that the paint would dry between the coats and then I would have an awful mess. I'm really glad that wasn't the case. And it all turned out just fine.
It ended up taking me two days to complete. I had to wait in between colors for the paint brush to dry out a bit.
I think it turned out pretty good!
I can't wait to show you the rest of the room! I just need to hang one more curtain rod and sort through her clothes.