Thursday, June 13, 2013

Story's First Ballet Recital {Pinocchio}

In the middle of all the birthday planning, Story had her first ballet recital! It was a lot of fun getting ready for it all year.  I will let the photos speak for themselves :)


The show started with the tap portion, which was called "Broadway Baby". Story's number was "Under The Sea" 


I unfortunately didn't get to watch any of the recital. I was able to watch Story's from the side. There had to be a mom for each small girl back stage to help with costumes.

Next was the ballet portion, which was "Pinocchio"


Their dance was the "Cuckoo Birds". You can't tell, but all of the girls were looking at Story. She was the only one singing during this part.




After the show the girls were given a goody bag and a medal. This was our first year in dance. I will say, I enjoyed it during the year. The class was fun, the teacher was great, and the kids weren't terrible. But I don't think I'm cut out to be a dance mom. By the end of it, Story wasn't having fun, and that's the most important thing. We are signed up for next year but are debating it. We might switch schools, or possibly decide on a different activity. With Jordan and I both working a lot we can only really take her to one class a week. I mentioned gymnastics, but we'll see. Maybe she'll want to do a sport or something. 

**All photos c/o Nancy Pike**



1 comment:

  1. SUCH precious pictures. I especially love the one where only Story is singing. I also love your perspective on the whole thing...sounds very balanced.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! They make my day :)

Hello All! I'm Faith- and welcome to Pike's Place. Here you will find an assortment of DIY, house related posts, a little bit of fashion, and family. Take your time and have a look around!

Follow Me

Visits

Pike's Place Blog

Pike's Place Blog
Suburbsmama
The DIY'ers />

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Pikes Place