Friday, August 12, 2011

All The Little Things

Hello! I'm back for a quick little post.

Story and JP went on a little trip so I've had some unexpected free time. Of course I started multiple projects, none of which are complete :) That's just how I roll.


I will start with the small thing I did in the  kitchen. Remember our trip to Ikea?.....




I got a Grundtal magnetic strip and canisters! They are awesome. The smaller colorful ones I picked up at World Market, for $1.99 each! I also hung the Bygel rail and S hooks. I have another one of those and a few other surprises for this wall.




Sorry the picture is blurry. I didn't realize at the time I was taking such crappy photos. I was probably too excited :)

One morning I decided to just get up and go to Target. I brushed my teeth and put a sweater on over my PJ's and left. It's nuts, I never seldom do things like that. It's okay though, cause I picked up a lot of cute things.






I couldn't resist this had towel. I've been wanting to get a few colorful ones. Majority of mine are coffee themed and I've changed that up.





Here is that bad boy in action. I love the pop of color.

I also piked up 2 canisters from Ikea. They are clear. And pretty much empty in the picture. (it's always a sad day when the coffee canister is almost empty)

So that's it for the kitchen.

Now it's time to move on to the living room.

Big excitement!



This is a close up of our wall. Isn't it awful? There are spots like this all over the place. We have one long wall in the living room with both entrances on either side of it. Makes for difficult furniture spacing. I got rid of the tall table.

And then I painted.



Yes, all of that discoloration is really there. The landlady had left a gallon of paint with a note saying it was to be used for touch-ups after we were moved in. So that's what I did. But it's the wrong color white. Instead of living in a house where everything is just the same color, we have about 4 different colors of white all over the place. I of course didn't realize this until after I had painted the ENTIRE wall :) So, it had to be fixed. And I did. But it's not finished :) Later.


Back to the living room though. While I was at Target I picked up a few other things.



This is a solar paneled lantern. I didn't get it for that. I just thought it was super cute.




I also found this little treasure. From World Market, it was in their bathroom section, for $4.99. Awesome! It went in the living room.



So, this is it for now. I hope to finish the rest of the projects and show you a completed space.

Soon, I promise :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! They make my day :)

Hello All! I'm Faith- and welcome to Pike's Place. Here you will find an assortment of DIY, house related posts, a little bit of fashion, and family. Take your time and have a look around!

Follow Me

Visits

Pike's Place Blog

Pike's Place Blog
Suburbsmama
The DIY'ers />

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Pikes Place