Thursday, August 4, 2011

Got My Ikea Fix




Story and I went to Ikea today!!! 

This is a trip I have wanted to take for about a month now. We had planned on going before the dryer broke. After we sorted all that out we had to start saving to fix our car. Turns out there is a lot of expensive stuff wrong with it. Luckily it's nothing that has to be fixed right away. So, we had a little bit of extra savings (thanks to Dad and Diana for their help with the yard sale). 

I got to work on my list. :) At first I had everything that I could possibly want listed. It was outrageous, and awesome. Then I started trimming down, and down, and down some more, before I came up with the basics. It was a lot of fun.




I knew how much I wanted to spend (how much I could)







Story had the maps all ready. She wanted me to take a picture of her backpack as well. She is very proud of it, she packed it herself. 

"Just us girls going to Ikea. We got our map. This is the way to Ikea. The other way is to Nina's. Gramma and Grandaddy's house is on here too. Daddy is staying home. Take a picture of my backpack Mom. I'm ready to go. Lets go. Come on Mom...." Story Sunshine


So with our maps, bags and money the first stop was to the bank.



Then off we went.

It's not too far away from our house. About 20 miles and 30-40 minutes, depending on traffic. We have a lot of traffic around here. But the trip went pretty smooth. We only got lost one time. And it wasn't my fault.... They were doing construction and the street I was supposed to turn onto had been renamed. We drove through the construction about 4 times before I figured it out. Story wasn't too pleased with that.





It doesn't look like much. But it caused me to drive like 2 extra miles each time I went through it. 

But we made it!





Story was, of course, starving by this point so the first thing we did was grab a bite to eat.




Story got the Swedish meatballs. She liked them okay enough. But next time I'll order her something else. I tried the dill salmon with mustard dill sauce. It was okay. Being the dummy that I am I didn't ask about food allergies. So as I'm eating this, thinking it's safe, I start to question the sauce. So I stop eating that. And then I get scared so I stop eating all of it. I was extremely hungry by the time we got home.






Story had a chance to play with all the cool toys they had set out. She even made a few new friends. It was really hard to tear her away from it. But I managed. We had a great time looking through the store. She became restless at the end, but I don't blame her. We were there for 4 hours :)





Here is a sneak peek at all the awesome stuff we got!!!! I can't wait to put it all together. I didn't get any screw so it will all have to wait a few more days. I got everything I wanted, and a little bit extra, and stayed under budget!!! Woohoo!!!!! :) :)


JP was really pleased with it all. He wanted to put something together.



Our new lamp! Our old one was pretty much destroyed. So this is a nice change. I only had one bulb so it's not as bright as it will be. It's a little too short as well, but we'll get used to it.


I hope to have some pictures of everything here in a few days. I have a pretty hectic work week and JP is trying to finish recording (which involves Story and I leaving for hours at a time). But I'll show you as soon as I can!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! They make my day :)

Hello All! I'm Faith- and welcome to Pike's Place. Here you will find an assortment of DIY, house related posts, a little bit of fashion, and family. Take your time and have a look around!

Follow Me

Visits

Pike's Place Blog

Pike's Place Blog
Suburbsmama
The DIY'ers />

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Pikes Place