This is just a small tutorial on how I've gotten to where I am with the gallery wall
I started out by picking up several different sized and shaped black frames. I've gotten all of mine from Ikea, so far. I wanted them to all feel the same, without being the same. But I will get some different ones as fillers. More on that later.
I also plan on using the wooden "P" we got for our wedding. We also got a moss covered "P" for our anniversary that I might use for the wall. Or for the front door. (Not sure yet Rachel)
I wanted to see what it would all look like so I laid the frames that I had on the floor. I just put them in the places I thought they should go. No real pattern. I really like how it looks so far.
These frames will only take up about 1/3 of the wall. And all of the frames aren't filled yet.
When I figured out how they would go I started tracing the frames.
This is not newspaper, it's tissue paper. I would recommend not using this. But it's all I had. And I wanted to do it, now.
After I ran out of tissue paper and newspaper I started taping them to the wall.
This is as far as I've gotten. I REALLY like the layout. Can't wait to get the actual frames up. You can see in certain areas that the spacing is a little off. I plan on filling it up with little random things we have.
I can't wait to finish this project. It's really going to bring the room together :)
Hello All! I'm Faith- and welcome to Pike's Place. Here you will find an assortment of DIY, house related posts, a little bit of fashion, and family. Take your time and have a look around!