Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Living Room Pt: 1

Not a whole lot has been happening over here. We just re-arranged the living room. No big... :) :) !!!!!!!!!!

Super excited to show all the progress we have made. Bear in mind, the room is NO WHERE near done. But I feel okay about showing it to you now :)

Without further ado, here is our living room.





We had thought about this floor plan for a long while. It worked out in our favor this time. Normally we'll just move things around until I'm either depressed or too tired to deal with it that night. Then JP will finish it up and it will stay like that for a few more months. But like I said, this time was different.

I really like how it turned out. We have the 2 areas instead of 3 like we were going for. We decided not to put up the curtain dividers for now. I really like how light and open the space feels.

There is one area that is still a bit weird.






I still plan on doing the gallery wall, but I think I'm going to have it continue past the TV, all the way to the bookcase that is in the corner. But I'm not sure what to do with the open space in the middle of the floor. Maybe a new chair?





This is a close up of the seating area. We are going to turn behind the couch into a storage area. I also plan on getting a few different pillows and more paneling for the curtains. We also have a different end table that we will use in the left hand corner.





Opposite the sitting area is the entertainment center. It's new :) I had planned on painting it gray, but now I'm not so sure. It's not quite big enough to hold all of our stuff. So I might just hold off on painting and start looking for something bigger. But it doesn't take up as much bulky room as our old one.





I really like how everything has turned out so far. I can't wait to get started on the gallery wall. I will keep you posted :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! They make my day :)

Hello All! I'm Faith- and welcome to Pike's Place. Here you will find an assortment of DIY, house related posts, a little bit of fashion, and family. Take your time and have a look around!

Follow Me

Visits

Pike's Place Blog

Pike's Place Blog
Suburbsmama
The DIY'ers />

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Pikes Place