Friday, September 30, 2011

Floor To Ceiling

Lots of changes with the gallery wall as of yesterday. I have finished the original section. When we were going to hang the curtain (still might) I was going to turn the unused wall space into a hallway towards the living room proper. So, the "hallway" is complete.





This is the view from the kitchen into the living room. You can see all the frames lined up at the bottom. I'm not sure if I like the spacing yet or not. So we haven't started hanging them. I will actually have to clean each one, because they are now covered in cat hair   : /

To get all the extra frames we HAD :) to make another trip to Ikea. We also decided to spend the entire day thrifting. We stopped at 4 Goodwills and planned on hitting 2 Habitat ReStores but ran out of time. They all close so early.





My two favorite people came with me :)





Ikea's lighting section is probably my favorite. Total light envy. Gah... :)





So much spent and this is all we walked away with... :) :)


Back to the gallery wall.

I really like how it looks but I'm not sure about the spacing at the bottom.





There are so many more frames at the bottom. Specifically the last 2 rows. I want it all to be a tight fit but I'm not sure if I like it like this. They will be filled with kid friendly items. Story's favorite pictures and more of her art. Mainly because she will be the one looking at them the most.

I'm really excited about how it's all turning out. I can't wait to start hanging. What do you all think about the bottom rows? Think the spacing is fine? Or should I fix it?

1 comment:

  1. I think the bottom is a little closer together than the ones at the top, but I still think it looks great! It probably won't be as noticable once you get the actual frames up because it will look more... Ahh, I don't know what word I'm looking for.. Refined maybe?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! They make my day :)

Hello All! I'm Faith- and welcome to Pike's Place. Here you will find an assortment of DIY, house related posts, a little bit of fashion, and family. Take your time and have a look around!

Follow Me

Visits

Pike's Place Blog

Pike's Place Blog
Suburbsmama
The DIY'ers />

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Pikes Place