Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Cabinet Update

Hi everyone! Hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day! Jordan and I had to work opposite schedules so we didn't get a chance to celebrate. We are planning a date later this week. Which is the 3rd week in February ?!?! Where has this month gone? I feel like I haven't had a chance to catch my breath, let alone my housework or painting. We are total slackers over here..... I do have a tiny bit of progress to share with you. Last you saw we had just started painting. Jordan helped me with the rest of the cabinet base while I worked on the doors.



Even though we were both really excited about this project we just didn't have the motivation to get it done. And because the doors were all over the kitchen it made it so we didn't want to do the dishes, or cook. It's been a downward spiral of disgusting self loathing. But my wonderful husband broke the cycle by not only finishing the painting but also doing ALL the dishes. When I came home from work and saw the kitchen I almost started crying. Best Valentine's Day present, EVER!

Enough of the lovey dovey stuff :) We ended up having to buy new hardware for the cabinets. The old ones had been painted over several times and were rusted. I wasn't offended my the gold knobs that were already in place, but Jordan had his heart set on a set that he saw at Target.


They are Target Home. Unfortunately the hinges we picked up didn't work so the doors haven't been hung yet. I just propped this one up on a cereal box.


We decided to go with a handle instead of a knob on the two drawers. We didn't fill in the holes, mainly because when we move out we are going to put the old knobs back on. They were new to the house and we really like ours and want to keep them :)


I think the bottom cabinets have turned out wonderfully. I'm really excited about getting the upper ones done.


We have decided to paint them gray! Hopefully the next stage in the mini kitchen redo won't take as long as the first. But it does feel really good to say that the bottoms ones are finished. And by finished I mean painted. Hey, it's a start. :)

Thanks for being so patient and sticking with me through this. I promise the finished product will be worth it :)

Linked ::   The Creative Spark   Addicts Not So Anonymous   Think Pink Sundays  Sundae Scoop   504 Main   Simple Home Life    Saturday Spotlight   Weekend Warrior

4 comments:

  1. beautiful! You'd think being an Art Teacher I wouldn't be so hesitant when it comes to color.....I guess I just think too much about it. So...I love your boldness with this color! It's great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooooooo cute :D And I totally adore the writing on the wall over the sink-so sweet and homey! Love your blog-I'm a followin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! The vinyl was a wedding present. I thought above the sink would be the perfect place for it. Our house may be small, but the kitchen is still the heart of it.

      Delete
  3. This is adorable! I hope you'll link it up to my new linky party! I'm a new follower! Hope you'll stop by and follow along if you'd like!

    Mallory @ Classy Clutter

    http://classyclutter.blogspot.com/2012/02/saturday-spotlight-2.html

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! They make my day :)

Hello All! I'm Faith- and welcome to Pike's Place. Here you will find an assortment of DIY, house related posts, a little bit of fashion, and family. Take your time and have a look around!

Follow Me

Visits

Pike's Place Blog

Pike's Place Blog
Suburbsmama
The DIY'ers />

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Pikes Place