Sunday, July 17, 2011

Attic....... Um Yuck


I braved cleaning the attic today. I got as much done as I could before the sweat was too much to bear. It had to have been close to a 100 degrees up there.



But up there I went. I didn't get a chance to go through everything. But I did manage to make a path through all of that junk. I started making piles of things I wanted to get rid of. I was only able to get to the really obvious stuff. Stuff that I has sort of sorted when I put it all up there. So what I'm trying to say, is that it wasn't as big of a deal as I thought it would be. At some point I will do a better job, where I actually do through all of the boxes. That will probably happen when we are getting ready to move.



This is all of our junk. Most of it is baby stuff. It's amazing how much kids grow! I bagged up a ton of Story's clothes around Christmas, and I should do it again. Most of the stuff she has is too little. And the toys! I continue to get rid of stuff, but her room is ALWAYS full of toys. I don't know what to do with it all. I would love for her room to look clean and picked up with everything organized. But I can't seem to make that happen, no matter how often I pick it all up. (twice a day, every day)

Other than all the baby stuff we have a few home good items. Most of the stuff is from other people. They gave us the stuff that they didn't want, and since we never wanted it in the first place, we are passing it along to other people, who probably don't really want it either.

I know, I know, I have a bad attitude about the whole thing. I'm just so sick of being cluttered. We don't have that much stuff, not really. It's just all out all the time. And I get tired of looking at it all.


Enough about me ranting on and on about junk and clutter. Lots of other things have been happening.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We got a dryer. D&SM (dad and step mom) got one for us. They found it at the Habitat ReStore in Monroe.



It's great. We're thankful. It's just what we wanted.

Except it doesn't work.

Yep. We went through all of the trouble of finding someone with a truck, hauling it here (about a half hour away) and then installing it, to find out that the P.O.C. doesn't even work! It's been a very frustrating experience. So, Jordan took this one apart (and put it back together) to find that the heating element is broken. Get this, we're going to have to order a new one. Which will take forever. So we still wouldn't have a dryer. We're thinking about just taking it back. They offer a 30 day warranty. Don't see the point in spending any more money on something when we can just trade it in for a different one. We'll just have to find another truck... Gah!!!!!! All I want is to do my laundry, in my own house!


Aside from the dryer, we are fixing other things around the house. (I swear, if it's not one thing it's another. Or 4 things at once, which is how we roll)



This baby was in my desktop. Um, yuck.

So, to tell the whole story ::: 

My laptop broke about 2 months ago (told you everything breaks around here) There was no way to fix it, but Jordan was able to recover all of the data. Which is amazing, 'cause I had A LOT of stuff one there. But I had a desktop that I was going to use. It wasn't in the best of shape but JP knew how to fix it. Before he could work on it, his computer broke. ((( This is the biggest problem ever. His computer was brand new. A very nice, very expensive one, that shouldn't have a failed hard drive. So about a month and several hundred dollars later, his computer was back to good))) Now that all of THAT is behind us, he has been working on mine.

A small look of the living room


Jordan is the best. He took this entire thing apart, cleaned it, and then put it back together. He bought all the parts it needed and then re-installed windows. Once the parts get in that baby is going to be awesome! And I will finally have my own space back. Yay!!!!!!!! That way I can compute in peace :) :) Ahhhh.......


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This has been our week. I really hope the next one is slightly better. I will leave you with this awesome little thing I found.



Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But seriously. Someone made this. No, I didn't buy it. But I couldn't resist taking a picture to share with you all. Hope it gave you all a laugh. I know I chuckled all through the store. :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! They make my day :)

Hello All! I'm Faith- and welcome to Pike's Place. Here you will find an assortment of DIY, house related posts, a little bit of fashion, and family. Take your time and have a look around!

Follow Me

Visits

Pike's Place Blog

Pike's Place Blog
Suburbsmama
The DIY'ers />

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Pikes Place