Thursday, July 28, 2011

Living Room Style

I've been browsing Pinterest lately. And it's gotten me thinking about what I want to change in our house. It's bitter sweet. There are soooo many things that I would like to do, but I have to limit myself, mostly because I don't know how long we're going to be here. I would LOVE to get a 3 bedroom place. Or even something with a den, or a dining room, or a garage. We just need one extra room. Just one... If I knew we were going to be here for a long time I would convert the sunroom into an office. So much wasted space. But, for now we're here, and we're not changing anything.

A girl can still dream though :)

Here is a look at what I would like to do to the living room. Nothing too drastic. We have a green striped couch and a different shade green chair. Slip covers are way too expensive. And I'm pretty much terrible at sewing. (Just as JP to show you my pillow)

Don't mind the mad baby


This is terrible picture quality, but I've learned a little since then. This is an older layout we had.

Our living room is essentially divided up into 3 spaces. One corner is "family area". Another corner is "JP". And the a random wall is "dining". We NEVER use our little dinette set. I should probably get rid of it...



It's super cute. But it doesn't fit us. We took the chair away so it only seats 2, and not comfortably. We very rarely have company over. And if we did, we don't have room for a real table. Something to consider now.

Back to what I was saying.

Because we have green furniture I'm trying to bring in more color. I have the yellow sofa table but I need more. I really like the curtains. I think they'll look great in the "newish" room.

So, let me know what you all think. Any suggestions are appreciated :) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! They make my day :)

Hello All! I'm Faith- and welcome to Pike's Place. Here you will find an assortment of DIY, house related posts, a little bit of fashion, and family. Take your time and have a look around!

Follow Me

Visits

Pike's Place Blog

Pike's Place Blog
Suburbsmama
The DIY'ers />

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Pikes Place