Sunday, July 10, 2011

Project In The Works



Hey all!!! I've been working really hard on a project that I can't wait to show you! Between the weather and my work schedule, it's taking a lot longer than I would have hoped. I should be done tomorrow. That's just a little sneak peek :) And the kitty. Even though she's back inside she spends most of her time on the front porch. Silly kitty.

So I thought I would take this time to show you a few other things that are going on.

First off : : : :




Aren't they lovely?!?!?!  I came home to them yesterday after work. Jordan remembered when I said I wanted more plants. We have 3 small ones that sit on the window sill in the kitchen but we didn't have any to go outside or on the porch. Now we do :) I don't know the name of the plant. I hope to get it into the planter tomorrow. It's been a busy day today.




Jordan also got me the plant on the right. It's called a money tree.




The roots are really awesome looking. It's in the bathroom right now, but I'm not sure if it will stay there. There might not be enough light. On the left you can see the moss tree I picked up at a thrift store. I'm really getting into moss. I think it'll look good in the bathroom. It will help bring in the green.

I have a huge list of things that need to get done! It's almost overwhelming. On top of it all I'm trying to pick up more shifts, or possibly a second job. Lots of things are breaking. But that's just the life.

I really need to tackle the attic. When they re-roofed the house they forgot to mention to us that they would destroy the attic in the process. So all of our stuff is covered in dirt and shingle pieces. It's going to be a really big job... and it's sooooooooo hot up there... :( :( :( Not looking forward to it. But on the bright side, it will give me a chance to go through EVERYTHING and make a pile for the yard sale. We have to do it at my Dad's house. People will get hurt if we do it at our place. I'm serious. Major injuries will occur.

On a different note : : My step-brother is home for a 5 day leave. He just finished a 6 week boot camp for the Coast Guard.  My Dad and step- Mom brought him back. We were really bummed that we missed his graduation, but we had too much going on with work and all. Congrats Andrew!

Not much more has been going on here. Thanks for stopping by! And be sure to come back so you can see the finished project! :) :)

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to see the completed project - love the color (and, of course, Kitty in the background). Love the plants too! You guys are awesome!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! They make my day :)

Hello All! I'm Faith- and welcome to Pike's Place. Here you will find an assortment of DIY, house related posts, a little bit of fashion, and family. Take your time and have a look around!

Follow Me

Visits

Pike's Place Blog

Pike's Place Blog
Suburbsmama
The DIY'ers />

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Pikes Place