Monday, May 6, 2013

What I Do

What do I do? A little of everything and a lot of nothing of importance.

 

I'm not a stay at home mom though. I do have a full time job. I mean, I'm a full time server, so not really a full time, 40 hours a week, job. But still. I run around like crazy for 6 hours straight with no break. That happens after I've cleaned the house and taken care of the kid. 


  
I'm not just a server though. I'm also a bartender. Just as recently as last week I started "keying" which means I get to be a manager of sorts. It's a lot of fun. I get to start M.I.T. training this summer. I look forward to moving my career forward. In the meantime, the next step is getting back in the kitchen!

I also do a little bit of stuff around the house. What that means is I start a lot of projects but only finish a few.

  
This is one of my favorites. I spent an entire weekend completely redoing Story's room. Then all I had to do was hang one more curtain rod. Turns out I hung the hooks too far away. So it's sat like this for almost a month now. 


Same in here. We got really excited about redoing the bedroom and then the nook. But you know how that goes. We painted the wall and I even attempted to stain the dresser. (didn't work out at all) And then we just stopped. 

So, like a said: I do a bit of everything, and a lot of nothing of importance. 


 




3 comments:

  1. I think everything we do matters...finished or not. If we stop starting new things then we stop being inspired. Did you know that Albert Einstein never completed an invention before he was well under way with another? And sometimes he would often let so much time pass in between projects he would forget about them only to find them while looking for something else? True....now go finish you E=mc2 project......")

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Story's room - the stripes on one side and all the frames on the other. Very cute.

    And also, my husband used to be a server, so I have such an admiration for everyone in food service. It's a really hard, thankless job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I died over the wall in Story's room. I love it.. so much.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! They make my day :)

Hello All! I'm Faith- and welcome to Pike's Place. Here you will find an assortment of DIY, house related posts, a little bit of fashion, and family. Take your time and have a look around!

Follow Me

Visits

Pike's Place Blog

Pike's Place Blog
Suburbsmama
The DIY'ers />

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Pikes Place