Saturday, November 5, 2011

Blogger Me

First off, I want to thank Tanya at Dans le Townhouse for the huge shout out on her blog. She has passed on to me a Versatile Blogger Award. Very grateful to be recognized. (if you haven't already, you should totally check  out her blog. it's amazing :) )

As the rules state, I'm to tell you all 7 things about me :

1: When I was on my honeymoon in September of 2010 I had my first allergic reaction. At the time I had no idea what had caused it. I hadn't eaten anything different, changed my soap, or tried different perfume. We went about the rest of our honeymoon, not thinking any more of it. A couple of months later I had another reaction. I had just eaten Mac & Cheese. After that I decided to cut out pasta. I thought maybe there was an ingredient in pasta that was causing my reactions (didn't think about wheat because I was able to eat bread, etc.) In April of 2011 I had my worst allergic reaction to date. It lasted for about a half hour and caused me to have partial paralysis in my hands and feet. Jordan was about to call an ambulance when it finally lifted. I went to the doctor later that same day. I explained my symptoms to him. Since we don't have health insurance he wouldn't put it on my record but he told me I was Gluten- Intolerant and probably had Celiacs disease. He advised me to start a Gluten free diet immediately. I did. I have been gluten free for almost 7 months. It's been a difficult struggle. A lot being because I work in a restaurant. I have to handle food almost every day.


2: I love romantic rooms. There is something about the fabric and colors that make me swoon. I would love to have a room that looked like this. I would do it in purple instead of the pink though


3: I love to read. I am reading every chance I get. When my in-laws gave me a Kindle for Christmas last year it was like my entire world suddenly made sense. (only slightly over-dramatic) I take it everywhere with me. 



4: Since I am on the topic of reading. My favorite book is Still Life With Woodpecker. I can't tell you how many times I have read it, or how many copies I have owned. I had one that became so worn out it was falling apart. It was covered in pencil marks and highlights. 

This is my most recent copy. Still in good shape.
5: I make lists. I make lots of lists. And sketches. Even though I am terrible at drawing.


This is a picture of our bathroom, in case you were wondering :)

6: I play The Sims. I have had all of the games since The Sims 1. I even have it for Xbox 360. I don't get to play that often, but I still enjoy it a lot.


7: I'm still trying to find my decorating style. I like so many things, but have a hard time sticking to it. Sometime I like it to be light and airy and other times I want the room to feel heavy and dramatic. With our house being as small (and rental) as it is, it's hard to do much more than I have. 


So, just a few things about me. :)

3 comments:

  1. pretty good sketches! And I can't someday for u to have a house.....oh the fun we will have!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! They make my day :)

Hello All! I'm Faith- and welcome to Pike's Place. Here you will find an assortment of DIY, house related posts, a little bit of fashion, and family. Take your time and have a look around!

Follow Me

Visits

Pike's Place Blog

Pike's Place Blog
Suburbsmama
The DIY'ers />

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow Pikes Place